Listening For Success
at Stuart Hall
*Open to Stuart Hall Students Only*
About: Listening For Success was developed from the Buffalo Hearing and Speech Center program, Language to Literacy. The program is dedicated to enhancing academic performance through the following skills: auditory processing, phonological awareness, phonics, expressive and receptive language, as well as teaching students to be self-advocates in the classroom and to use resources.
L4S goals include:
• Establishing/improving organization skills
• Equipping students with compensatory strategies for improved attention, listening, and memory skills
• Teaching students to be self-advocates and to use resources
• Improving language skills: building vocabulary and understanding concepts
Additional goals addressing reading will vary according to age group:
• Improving phonological awareness and phonics skills
• Reading, writing, and word attack skill enhancement
• Improving decoding and spelling skills
• Establishing specific strategies for improved reading comprehension
Length of Program: 1 week
Dates: Monday - Friday, August 1-5
Age Range: PK4-4th grade
Times: 8:15-9:15 PK4, 9:15-10:15 K, 10:15-11:15 1st grade,
11:15-12:15 2nd grade, 1:00-2:00 3rd grade, 2:00-3:00 4th grade
Location: Stuart Hall
Cost: $25 registration fee + $130 Tuition Fee
- Registration Fee is due June 3 to hold your spot in the program. Remaining balance is due July 29.
- 10% discount for those attending both Handwriting Helpers and L4S at Stuart Hall. Total: $139.50. The discount will be applied after confirmation with Handwriting Helpers. The discount will be refunded the start date of the class.
- NOSHC reserves the right to cancel the class, if minimum enrollment is not met. The registration fee is non-refundable unless NOSHC cancels the program.
Online Registration through PayPal:
Registration fees are non-refundable unless NOSHC cancels the program.
The entering grade you fill out below will indicate to us the time group that your child will be placed in. Please indicate in the notes if you would like your child to be in an alternate grade/group.