Listening For Success 2022 will be postponed until Summer 2023. We are restructuring the program and look forward to helping your child prepare for school in 2023.
Listening For Success (L4S)
In-person Preschool and School Age Language Prep Program
For All Young Learners to Prepare for the Classroom
Program Ages, Dates and Session Options:
Monday - Friday
Morning Session: or Afternoon Session:
Entering Pk4 :
Entering 1st :
$130 per session/student due by first day
$50 registration fee due 2 weeks before start date
Program Registration and Location:
Contact Susan Stouder at 504-897-2606 ext.236 // firstname.lastname@example.org
NOSHC Uptown - 1636 Toledano Street, New Orleans, LA 70115
Listening For Success was developed from the Language to Literacy program. The program enhances academic
performance through improvement and development of the following skills: auditory processing,
phonological awareness, phonics, expressive and receptive language. Student will participate in classroom focused
activities geared to enrich abilities to follow directions, maintain attention, recall information, and become selfadvocates
in the classroom.
L4S goals include:
- Establishing/improving organization skills
- Equipping students with compensatory strategies for improved attention, listening, and memory skills
- Teaching students to be self-advocates and to use resources
- Improving language skills: building vocabulary and understanding concepts
- Improving phonological awareness and phonics skills
- Reading, writing, and word attack skill enhancement
- Improving decoding and spelling skills
- Establishing specific strategies for improved reading comprehension
Program Covid-19 Policies:
Class size limited, desks spaced, masked adults, proper hand hygiene and cleaning protocols
Times and days are subject to change.
If NOSHC cancels the class a full tuition refund will be issued. Registration fee is non-refundable.